Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Sketch Challenge

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Today on the blog I'm sharing the card that I made for Papertrey Ink's anniversary sketch challenge. I used Betsy Veldman's inspiration sketch as the basis for my Valentine card.


This card has a lot of hearts! Starting with the 2010 Love Tags set, I stamped the four large hearts in various colors of pink PTI ink, followed by the striped hearts from the Inside & Out: Love set and the dotted outline heart from the Feather Finery set. 

I then cut the edge of my panel with a scalloped edge die cut and used some scraps of pink paper to die cut the other two layers. The Love stamp from the 2010 Love Tags set was added along with a line of hearts using the smallest heart stamp in the Be Mine, Valentine set. I think I used every heart stamp I have on this one!



While hard to tell in the photo, I then clear embossed over the striped hearts to give them some added dimension. Lastly, I added the small Valentine sentiment to the middle of the hearts and popped it up with foam tape to make it really stand out.

2 comments:

  1. such a cute take on the sketch. fun valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card but it would be great if you could link up to the challenge you're entering it into so people who also want to enter can find it lol. Not that I want to enter yet but it would be nice to see where your putting your card. Xxx hope you don't mind me mentioning this. Xxx

    ReplyDelete