Friday, February 2, 2018

Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday Challenge: Using Different Types of Papers

Hello again!

For today's post, I'm sharing the card that I made for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday Challenge #311: Using Different Types of Papers. I am really excited about this challenge as one of my crafting goals for this year is to use up the stacks of cardstock that I have in my craft room!

To start this challenge, I selected a piece of printed paper with a circular pattern, as I thought this would pair nicely with the Star Gazer and Star Gazer Additions stamp sets from Papertrey Ink. I die cut a background panel and then inked the edges with brown chalk ink to make the paper look more antique. 

Using the Notched Star Banner Dies, I then cut the front panel from a piece of patterned paper with grid lines on it. I selected this paper as the color and grid lines complimented the lines of the background paper well. I then stamped the vintage star chart stamp from the Star Gazer Additions set on top. The banner background was cut from a piece of bronze shimmer cardstock.

Once assembled, I then stamped the Pisces stamp from the Star Gazer set, and embossed the Pisces constellation above it in bronze embossing powder to complete the front of the card.


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I've had Star Gazer in my wish list for simply ages. The best is the peek-a-boos you've cut in the top layer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card, Stephanie. Great combination of papers for the PTI challenge, too. I'd like to just say hello and invite you to stop by and share your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's a FUN challenge blog with awesome prizes and i'd really love to have you join us.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete